WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits 2019
Pialligo Estate is excited to be able to deliver this prestigious Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits course to Canberra hospitality professionals and wine enthusiasts.
Date & Time | 4-7pm Monday evenings; 18 & 15 Feb; 4 & 18 & 25 Mar; 1 Apr
Cost | $1150 pp (20% deposit option is available, with the final 80% due 2 weeks before the course commencement date)
Facilitated by Freddie - get to know her
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits for those working in the industry or enthusiasts of wine and spirits.
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate.
What you'll learn
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
For further information on the WSET Level 2 course, please visit the WSET website.